Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Life Is A Blessing But Not Always Easy

Typically, I'm a positive person.  As of late, I've had a string of unfortunate events since buying my Sony 4K TV; are they related? Who knows but let's look.  So things had been going smoothly until mid January, when I purchased the 65 inch 4k TV. It's great with amazing features and picture quality. Then 9 days after buying it, the first event happen: dish washer pump went out. It was undersized for our family of 6, and after pricing new replacement parts, we decided to get a new one. My lovely wife poured over adds and websites, to find a $450 model on sale for $300. So we spent about $160 more than if we just replaced the pump; problem solved, so time to move on.  10 days later; we were preparing our taxes only to discover we had lost 2 huge deductions. Both of our college aged kids had filled their own returns so we couldn't claim them. At first I went Ape!!!!!! After discussing the matter with HR we accepted our fate of owing $3500.... That hurt. Then less than a week later, gasket seal in dishwasher started leaking $150, minivans alternator out, $140, rack in pinion steering went out on teen's car annuity  another $750. It humbling a financial disaster for us the first 4 months of 2016.  I feel like a complete loser and this has been a humbling experience. Yet God is still good, and my  sufficiency in Christ heavy hasn't changed. This stretch has completely sucked, and things could ALWAYS be worse. To finish off my 😂 post, for the first time in 11 years my Chevy Silverado broke down yesterday & had to be towed: can't wait to see the bill; regardless, it's a great day to be alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment